Pro Tips for Reserving a Session for Your Community or School Group
- We welcome volunteers 10 years and older! Please bring a signed Parent/Guardian Form for volunteers under 18. Forms are valid for the calendar year.
- Youth groups (5 volunteers or more under the age of 18) must have at least 1 chaperone for every 5 youths.
- You can request a volunteer session up to three months in the future. Submit a request as soon as possible for your preferred date and time. For more info, click “How to make a group reservation”
- Saturdays and evenings are very popular! For these sessions we limit groups to a maximum of 20 volunteers and can only host groups for one of these sessions per month. If your top choice of session isn’t available, please note we have a great need for volunteer assistance throughout the year.
- Volunteers are permitted to take short breaks, but please refrain from taking breaks as a group during your volunteer session. We are not able to host group lunches or other on-site events outside of your volunteer time.
- Please expect to volunteer for the entire session. We cannot accommodate groups who need to leave early.
- If your group plans to travel by bus, please make note in the “Additional Requests/Comments” section when you register your group
- We encourage you to take photos! Please tag us in your social media posts, @FoodLifeline on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, or use #FoodLifeline.
Guidelines for all Volunteers
- Each individual must register in advance to volunteer. Kids too! Volunteers who arrive without signing up may be turned away.
- For the safety of our staff and other volunteers, please reschedule if you are feeling ill.
- Our warehouse environment can be cool. For your comfort, please dress in warm layers.
- Closed-toed shoes are required to be worn while volunteering, no exceptions.
- Food-safe gloves will be provided to be worn when handling food items.
- Your work will be physical in nature and includes long periods of standing. You may be asked to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early and plan to participate during the entire session.
- If you are running late, please call (206) 545-6600 to let us know. Volunteers who are more than 15 minutes late will need to reschedule.
- Volunteers who are under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form.
- Parking: Onsite parking is available in a limited capacity. Carpooling is recommended. Please let us know if you plan to bring a bus for your group.