- Team Building
- Increase employee engagement through a shared volunteer experience. Build camaraderie within your team while involving your employees in your corporate social responsibility goals.
- Celebrate your Day of Caring or Global Month of Service by volunteering!
- Invite your co-workers and their family members to join you in this special day. Make it a tradition each year for your company and invite partners from others branches or even your competitors!
- We require that all volunteers register with Food Lifeline even if your company has its own process for tracking and registering employee volunteer activities.
- We encourage you to invite your community partners, association members and family to join you in service.
- We invite you to take and share photos of your team during your volunteer session. Remember to use #FoodLifeline! If you plan to bring your own photographer/videographer, let us know and we’ll connect you with our Marketing team for assistance.
- If you need to modify your reservation, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Philanthropy Opportunities
- Many employers match their employee volunteer hours or donations. Yours might too – check with your supervisor.
- Create a virtual volunteer experience for your team by hosting a virtual food drive.
- Join Food Frenzy! A friendly competition between businesses, community groups, sports teams, and more to help end hunger through creative fundraising, volunteering, and team-building activities.
- Each individual must register in advance to volunteer.
- Volunteers are required to wear a face mask/face covering and maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times while in the facility.
- For the safety of our staff and other volunteers, please reschedule if you are feeling ill.
- Our warehouse environment can be cool. For your comfort, please dress in warm layers.
- Closed-toed shoes are required to be worn while volunteering, no exceptions.
- Food-safe gloves will be provided to be worn when handling food items.
- Your work will be physical in nature and includes long periods of standing. You may be asked to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early and plan to participate during the entire session.
- If you are running late, please call (206) 545-6600 to let us know. Volunteers who are more than 15 minutes late will need to reschedule.
- Volunteers who are under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form.
- Parking: Onsite parking is available in a limited capacity. Carpooling is recommended. Please let us know if you plan to bring a bus for your group.