Once again the road to the Super Bowl goes through Seattle. Last year’s Super Bowl remains a treasured memory for many of us here in Western Washington. However for people struggling with hunger, that day was extra special. Thanks to the herculean efforts by local chef, John Howie and former Seahawks player, Craig Terrill, the Seattle Seahawks clinched their second victory in the Kick Hunger Challenge. And we are looking to three-peat this year!
This national competition among NFL teams seeks to score yards in the fight against hunger. Our local Kick Hunger champions raised over $100,000 last year and hope to continue their success this year as well.
However, they can’t do it without you, the 12th man in the fight against hunger. Here are 5 easy ways to help make sure the Seahawks remain victorious in the fight against hunger.
5 Ways to Kick Hunger
- Stop by the Metropolitan Market in Kirkland on January 17, 2015 for Kick Hunger activities: Chili cookoff, live music, beer tasting, drawings, food drive and much more from 12-2pm.
- Buy an Ames Bros t-shirt to wear on blue Friday, to a game or around town. Or if t-shirts aren’t your thing, chose from over 7 styles of Seahawks gear. Show your support of the Seahawks and kick hunger at the same time.
- Want a Russell Wilson signed jersey, a KJ Wright signed football or so much more? Sign up for an online auction by texting “Howie” to 71760 wait for the response, click on the link, register with just your name, and you’re in!
- Purchase a raffle ticket for an autographed & framed Russell Wilson jersey at SPORT Restaurant & Bar.
- Click, Give, & Score by making a tax deductible gift online.