Ballots are arriving in mailboxes across Washington state, and we’re counting on a broad community of voters to send a clear message about the importance of ending hunger in their own communities. When people show up to vote, elected officials are more likely to be responsive to the needs in their local jurisdictions – this is especially true when it comes to food insecurity.
If you’re not yet registered to vote, you can do so here:
- English Link – www.feedingamerica.org/votetoendhunger
- Spanish Link – www.feedingamerica.org/votacontraelhambre
Already registered to vote? Make sure you are #voteready – and encourage others in your household to do the same by:
- Marking your calendar with a date and time to vote, and then submit your ballot. Remember if you are mailing your ballot, it must be postmarked no later than election day, Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Dropping off your ballot at an in-person ballot drop box location. Check your local county elections office website for specific guidance on hours of availability.
- Ensuring you know what local races and initiatives will appear on your ballot. Local voter pamphlets and other voting information can be located on the Secretary of State’s website.
- Making a pledge to be a hunger issues voter by signing up with the Food Lifeline Advocacy team here! Once you do, you’ll receive a new profile photo to update the social media platforms of your choice to show your friends you’ve pledged to vote!
Here are some other key dates and deadlines to know about while you make a plan to vote:
- October 15
Start of 18-day voting period (through Election Day). Ballots are mailed out and Accessible Voting Units (AVUs) are available at voting centers.
- October 25
Online and mail registrations must be received 8 days before Election Day.
- November 2
Deadline for Washington State voter registration or updates (in person only).
- November 2
General Election Day!
Thank you in advance for being a regular voter! Your voice matters, and by working together we can #votetoendhunger this election season.