Special Volunteer Opportunities
Friendly Face of Food Lifeline Needed!
Greet volunteers arriving for our warehouse evening sessions. Assist production team through the check-in and orientation process. Must be comfortable working with the public, using computers, and public speaking.
A weekly commitment is preferred.
- WHO: Anyone over the age of 18 is welcome to apply.
- WHEN: Tuesday - Thursday 4:30 PM-6:30 PM
- WHERE: Food Lifeline: 815 S 96th St, Seattle, WA 98108
Contact Paulien Sloan-Evans at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering!
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY - Downtown seattle
Support two Food Lifeline staff members at a weekly outdoor mobile food pantry distributing Starbucks food donations! You'll help distribute fresh, nutritious food to folks in need.
- WHEN: Every Monday, 8:30AM-12:30PM. This includes a 30 minute lunch break (volunteer must provide own lunch)
- WHERE: Cherry Street Food Bank, 711 Cherry St., Seattle WA 98104
- PARKING: Extremely limited – public transit is highly recommended
- VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS: At least 18 years old. Able to stand outdoors for majority of shift. Very light lifting required.
- VOLUNTEER AMENITIES: Volunteer break room, refrigerator, microwave, lockers, restroom
Contact Paulien Sloane-Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering!
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY - burien
Help Food Lifeline fight hunger with our new Healthcare Initiative! We deliver nutritious foods to folks with diabetes by placing a mobile food pantry right outside their healthcare clinic.
- WHO: Volunteer as an individual, or bring your friends! We can take a group as big as 12.
- WHERE: Sea Mar Burien Medical Clinic: 14434 Ambaum Blvd SW Burien, WA 98166
- WHEN: Every 2nd Thursday and 4th Saturday from 9:30am-12:00pm.
Volunteer Duties Include:
- Setting up tents and tables, and filling them with food to be distributed
- Helping patients fill their bags
- Assisting those who need help carrying their bags to their vehicles
- Breaking down tents and tables and cleaning up the site
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Most volunteers will need to be able to lift between 25 and 40 pounds.
- We are looking for volunteers with great customer service skills.
- Spanish speakers encouraged!
To apply for this special volunteer opportunity, please fill in the Mobile Food Pantry Application Form and we will contact you regarding your application.