Weekday volunteers are Food Lifeline's greatest need for all our warehouse volunteer projects.
Sort & Pack Ages 6+
Groups make a huge impact in a short amount of time. Volunteers as young as 6 are welcome. As a volunteer you will help repack bulk donations into family size portions. Individual volunteers are welcome, but please note, at least 8 volunteers per session are needed. Volunteers ages 16+ may be asked to assist in Fresh Rescue if we have a low attendance of Sort & Pack volunteers. Sign up today.
Fresh Rescue Ages 16+
Did you know 40% of food in America goes to waste? You can help change that by volunteering with Fresh Rescue. You will help inspect grocery rescue donations and repack them for distribution. Individuals interested in a weekly schedule are a great help. Food safety training is provided at the beginning of project and volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Contact us for group scheduling. Sign up today.
Food Lifeline is an industrial food handling facility which means certain procedures need to be maintained to keep everyone safe.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, no exceptions.
- Warehouses tend to be cool, so dress in layers.
- Your work in the warehouse will be physical in nature and includes long periods of standing. Volunteers may be asked to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to your session to sign in and plan to stay the full session.
- Aduts 18+ must create a User Acount prior to volunteering.
- Want to volunteer with your child? Find out more here.
Wondering how to get your group scheduled? Download this quick how-to handout.
Warehouse Support Opportunities
Lead volunteers needed: If you're interested in assiting with groups and would be willing to attend additional training, please contact us.
Engagement/Welcome volunteers: Do you enjoy being a friendly face? You can help welcome volunteer groups, assist with sign in, data entry and project support. Great need for evening and weekend sessions when we have large groups. Contact us.