Food Lifeline is an industrial food handling facility which means certain procedures need to be maintained to keep everyone safe.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, no exceptions.
- It is often cold in the warehouse. For your comfort, please dress in warm layers.
- Your work will be physical in nature and includes long periods of standing. You may be asked to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and plan to work the full session.
AVAILABLE SESSION TYPES
Sort & Pack Ages 6+
Repack bulk donations into family size portions. Individual volunteers are welcome, as are children aged 6 years or older. At least 8 volunteers per session are needed; if we have a low attendance at Sort and Pack, volunteers ages 16+ may be asked to assist in Fresh Rescue.
Fresh Rescue Ages 16+
Inspect grocery items and repack them for distribution. Food safety training is provided at the beginning of project and volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
VOLUNTEERING WITH CHILDREN
Hundreds of children volunteer with Food Lifeline each year to help those in need. Our volunteer sessions are fun, rewarding and empowering for all children ages 6 and older. We have these guidelines in place to keep them safe and insure that the projects they work on are successful.
- Children must be 6 years of age or older to volunteer.
- Children under 18 must bring a completed Parent/Guardian Consent Form to each volunteer session.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, with at least 1 adult for every 5 children.
Please create a Volunteer Account using this link to schedule, manage and track your volunteer service. To obtain verification of your service hours go to the My Account tab, and use the My Hours button to print a report of your service.
Food Lifeline does not accept court-ordered community service volunteers at this time.