Hundreds of children volunteer with Food Lifeline each year to help those in need. Our volunteer sessions are fun, rewarding and empowering for all children ages 6 and older. We have these guidelines in place to keep them safe and insure that the projects they work on are successful.
- Children must be 6 years of age or older to volunteer.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. One adult may accompany more than one child however, we ask for a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children in your group for their safety, food safety and leadership.
- Groups of children age 6-9 years of age are encouraged to registered for a 2 hour volunteer session, and need to have 1 adult for every 4 children in the group to maintain safety, food safety and leadership requirements.
- Children under 18 must bring a completed Parent Consent Form to each volunteer session.
- Groups with children interested in volunteering during the business day (Tues-Friday from 9am-4pm) are limited to 25 volunteers including at least 4-5 adults. Evening and weekend volunteer sessions do not have this group size restriction. A ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children still applies.