Food Lifeline is currently hiring a full time, Class A CDL Driver to support our mission to end hunger in Western Washington by transporting product between donors, warehouses, and affiliated agencies. This position assures compliance with state and federal DOT regulations and requires a Class A CDL commercial driver's license.
Major responsibilities include the operation of commercial vehicles in a safe, courteous and legal manner, the pickup and delivery of product, the counting, inspecting and verifying of product, and the loading and unloading into the cargo area of the vehicle or trailer. This position also maintains vehicle logs and product documentation.
- High school diploma or GED. An equivalent combination of education and/or training and/or experience may be substituted.
- Completion of Truck Driver training program helpful.
- Experience in transport of food product helpful.
- Valid Class A Washington State Driver's License required with a good an insurable driving record.
- Must possess Washington State Food Handler's permit or be able to obtain within 30 day of employment.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and pallet-jack.
- Ability to occasionally work overtime, weekends, or shifts longer than 8 hours as required.
- Ability to pass a pre-hire drug test and ongoing random drug screening.
Food Lifeline is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.