Food Lifeline is currently hiring for a Director of Food Procurement. This position develops, improves, and manages the product donation, procurement, and procurement planning functions for Food Lifeline. This position plans strategy for and give direction to reporting teams to ensure that sufficient products are secured, received and accounted for to meet the needs of affiliated agencies and direct service programs.
- Collaborate with COO to establish and implement operating plan, and budget for reporting departments.
- Collaborate with COO on developing strategic direction for department and assume responsibility for implementation of plans and initiatives specific to food sourcing,
- Oversee all departmental functions to ensure progress towards goals and objectives, program improvement, proper allocation of resources, compliance with standards and regulations, and alignment with Food Lifeline strategic plans.
- Develop successful relationships with agriculture community to secure free and PPO product for Food Lifeline and source to excess product for the Feeding America Network.
- Partners with Agency Relations and Inventory teams to implement recall process and coordinate with suppliers to identify product, lot code, expiration date, and other key recall details.
- Oversee staff in development of donor and vendor relationships and ensure donor recognition programs are in place.
- Maintain an active communication program with donors, agencies, staff and other departments.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Non-profit Management, Social Services, or a similar field, and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership role specifically in donor relations, program management, non-profit management or social services. Experience in the food or grocery industry is preferred; prior experience with food banking will be helpful.
Candidates will need strong leadership skills, the ability assign and delegate work, and the ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally. Candidates need to be creative and strategic thinkers with the ability to handle multiple projects.
If you would like to learn more about this position click here where you will be able to review the entire job description and requirements, and then submit your resume and cover letter online.
Food Lifeline is dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.