A FOOD LIFELINE PROGRAM
Order Up! offers a consistent menu of products to Food Lifeline’s member food banks and meal programs, providing a steady supply of items not regularly donated.
- Order Up! is a food purchasing program in which Food Lifeline buys bulk quantities of high-quality products from vendors at a significantly discounted price and, offers these products to agencies at cost plus a minimal administrative fee to cover ordering and handling.
- Order Up! allows food banks and meal programs to provide a continual supply of nutritious favorites, which they specially select, to the hungry individuals they serve.
- The program creates consistency, promotes balanced nutrition, and gives food banks and meal programs assurance that food not regularly donated will always be readily available.
Order Up! Benefits Your Organization
- The products purchased through Order Up! are accessible through Food Lifeline’s online ordering system. The program provides a considerable cost savings, the ability to streamline purchasing, staff and volunteer time.
- Order Up! is self-sustaining. The funds received from purchases (including the markup) are reinvested in the program, allowing Food Lifeline to provide more products. Food Lifeline aims to grow the program to offer a wider variety of products to continue to suit the needs of our agencies and those they serve.
- Food Lifeline will use agency feedback to determine the most highly desired "product line." Once developed, this short-list of commonly purchased goods will be steadily available to purchase.
- Order Up! makes the process of buying these much-needed products easy and affordable, and is offered in addition to already established pick-up or delivery items.
Jerrimi Hofmann, Order Up! Coordinator
Phone: 206-545-6600 x3633