COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER NIGHT
What can you do in two hours’ time? Watch four episodes of The Simpsons? Read a chapter or two of a good book? How about getting thousands of pounds of food ready for hungry families? It can be done, at a Food Lifeline Community Volunteer Night session.
These evenings bring together a variety of volunteers to help process food for distribution to local food banks, meal programs and shelters. During a typical session, 25-35 volunteers can easily label 4 tons of canned salmon, repackage thousands of pounds of corn, carrots, almonds, or cereal, or sort through mountains of food collected from community food drives. This is a great family activity for volunteers age 6 and older. Pre-registration is required.
UPDATE: Community Volunteer Nights are now also available at our Seattle Distribution Center location in south Seattle.
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER NIGHT (CVN) DETAILS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Wednesday CVN sessions are held at our Shoreline Volunteer Repack Center from 6pm to 8pm
- Tuesday CVN sessions are held at our Seattle Distribution Center from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- CVN is reserved for individuals, families and small groups of fewer than 5 volunteers
- Please only register if you can attend the full 2-hour session
- Please come on time, we cannot accommodate late-comers
- Volunteer must be 6 years of age or older
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- All children under 18 must bring a signed Parent Consent Form to EACH session
- Upcoming sessions are posted on the 3rd Friday of every month.
- Registration is required! Please no "drop-ins"
Shoreline Community Volunteer Night
1702 NE 150th St.
Shoreline, WA 98155
South Seattle Community Volunteer Night
4011 6th Ave S
Seattle, WA 98108